Hi,
Python 3.7, Windows 10
This question has been asked a few times however the resolutions never have worked for me so my apologies for the duplication. I have tried two tests. First works but I don't want to use as I don't want to bypass the authentication. Second doesn't but I can't work out how to access the security certificate which is in the Certificate Store
I can log into the database through the URL
I've tried using verify to point to what I think is the certificate but basically nothing works.
I'd be grateful for any comments or suggestions!
Thanks in advance!
Test 1 - this works
>>> from jira import JIRA
>>> jira = JIRA(options = {'server': 'https://jira.server.com','verify': False}, basic_auth=('username', 'password'))
Warning (from warnings module):
File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py", line 857
InsecureRequestWarning)
InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
Test 2 - this doesn't
>>> jira = JIRA(options = {'server': 'https://jira.server.com'}, basic_auth=('username', 'password'))
WARNING:root:HTTPSConnectionPool(host='jira.server.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /rest/api/2/serverInfo (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1045)'))) while doing GET https://jira.server.com/rest/api/2/serverInfo [{'params': None, 'headers': {'User-Agent': 'python-requests/2.19.1', 'Accept-Encoding': 'gzip, deflate', 'Accept': 'application/json,*.*;q=0.9', 'Connection': 'keep-alive', 'Cache-Control': 'no-cache', 'Content-Type': 'application/json', 'X-Atlassian-Token': 'no-check'}}]
WARNING:root:Got ConnectionError [HTTPSConnectionPool(host='jira.server.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /rest/api/2/serverInfo (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1045)')))] errno:None on GET https://jira.server.com/rest/api/2/serverInfo
{'response': None, 'request': <PreparedRequest [GET]>}\{'response': None, 'request': <PreparedRequest [GET]>}
WARNING:root:Got recoverable error from GET https://jira.server.com/rest/api/2/serverInfo, will retry [1/3] in 12.663902674444413s. Err: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='jira.server.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /rest/api/2/serverInfo (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1045)')))