I am configuring a directory to connect to LDAP for delegated authentication. The LDAP administrators tell me that this server does not allow anonymous binding. I am not clear what that implies for Jira configuration. Does that mean I must supply a username/password when I set up the configuration. Or is that unnecessary since Jira supplies a username/password when it authenticates a Jira login?
I have tried configuring the directory both with a username/password and not. If I don't configure a username/password, I get an LDAP error like this:
Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C0906DD, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v1772^@]; remaining name 'ou=ad,dc=nih,dc=gov'
If I configure the directory with a username/password, I get this LDAP error instead:
nested exception is javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903AA, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 525, v1772^@]
I'm not sure what to try next. Thanks.