I can reproduce the following simplified behaviour:
- Jira is connected to Crowd
- I have a "jira-users" group in Crowd, used for Jira Software Access
- I have a "project-A-customer" group in Crowd
- I assigned "John Tester" ONLY to "project-A-customer"
- In Jira project A settings -> "Users and roles", I added the group "project-A-customer" to role "Service Desk Customer"
- In my project A permission scheme, the "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" role do have several permissions, e.g. "Browse Projects", "Create Issues", "Assign Issues", "Add Comments", "Create Attachments", ...
- I go to project A customer channel and try to login with user "John Tester"
- Nothing happens; the progress indicator circle keeps spinning forever
- Now I add "John Tester" to group "jira-users"
- Retry login to project A customer channel
- login succeeded
Obviously, I DON'T want John Tester grant acces to Jira Software ("jira-users" group), only to the customer channel.
What am I doing wrong?