I'm very new to Drupal 8 development, although I have built a number of D6/7 sites...
D8 seems to require Composer in many cases. Composer is *entirely* new to me and I'm finding that I'm breaking sites very easily whilst I'm experimenting with it. Therefore I'd like to have a GIT safetynet where I can roll back any disasters!
I want to avoid any cloud services like GitHub for the moment and work entirely locally on my Mac.
I use the Acquia Dev Desktop to create my original sites and provide the working environment. This means that I can't move the original folder once the site is created in the first instance.
How do I set up Sourcetree in this environment?
I think I have set up a new Repo, using the folder the original D8 installation was made into.
Given that this is in effect also the 'Live server' is this a good idea? If not, how else do I set things up?
Do I create a 'Branch' as my fallback 'Safetynet' and then revert to this if disaster strikes?
I'm altogether a bit at a loss on how to start...
Simon