I have been charged with planning the upgrade of my organisation's instance of Confluence (downloaded version). We are upgrading from 4.3.2 to 5.4.4 (the directive from management is that we should upgrade to the penultimate version).
In short, success will be measured by the fact that everything runs and looks as it did in the previous version of Confluence.
So far my test plan includes:
1. Confirming layout and images look as they did before
2. Confirm all logos look as they did before
3. Confirm the search function works as expected (i.e. I can find a page I know exists)
4. Confirm all required plug ins are working as expected (i.e. that the gliffy plug in still allows me to view, add, edit or delete an image).
5. I can still export to word and PDF
6. The archiving function works as expected (I can archive and resurrect an archived page)
7. Any macros that exist continue to work as expected
What am I missing?? Any advise or guidance on how/what you have tested when upgrading Confluence would be much appreciated. If you need more info to answer this question, let me know.
Thanks in advance
Madeleine