how do I restrict parent project move to next transition until unless ALL its subtask( ONLY system subtask items) moved to a certain state ?
Edit the workflow, and add the "sub-task blocking" condition to the transition you want to restrict.
Sub-task blocking condition would check ALL subtasks created under the parent project.
I want only a specific subtask ex. ALPHA subtask item(s) , so once ALL 'ALPHA' subtask items reached to a given state X, its when the parent project task should be able to move its state from M ---> N.
Imagine if I have subtask ALPHA and BETA during different phases of the workflow.
Since BETA subtask get created before ALPHA, when I am going to use subtask blocking condition, it would check for this condition in BETA subtask item(s) even though its not needed there.
Hello,
You could use the Power Scripts add-on:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-script-automation?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
You could write a condition like this:
string[] keys = subtasks(key);for(string key in keys){ if (%key%.issueType == "required issue type" && %key%.status != "required status") { return false; }}return true;
This condition would check if a subtask with the required issue type is not in a certain status, then the transition will not be visible.
You can find more info about conditions here:
https://confluence.cprime.io/display/JJUPIN/Customizing+workflows
No, it won't. The sub-task blocking condition only looks at the sub-tasks on the current issue. It does not look at the project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.