Hi there,
When I try to git push I get:
fatal: could not read Password for 'https://myusername@bitbucket.org': Permission denied
I already did the SSH key setup as per:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/set-up-an-ssh-key-728138079.html
At the end of the procedure I tested the setup with:
ssh -T myusername@bitbucket.org
And it responds:
logged in as myusername.
You can use git or hg to connect to Bitbucket. Shell access is disabled.
Howerver, as soon as I try a git push I get the afore mentioned error.
Please help, thanks.
Hi Eduardo, are you using the right protocol? Looks like you're using HTTPS instead of SSH, if you're using SSH it should look something like
git@bitbucket.org<em>:<</em><span>repo_owner</span><span>></span>/<reponame>.git
or
ssh://git@bitbucket.org<em>/<</em><span>repo_owner</span><span>></span>/<reponame><span data-ref="81f4bfce-5ebe-41a3-953b-48a8ce040cd6">.git</span>
If after using the right one you're still having issues, I advise you have a look at <a href="https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/troubleshoot-ssh-issues-271943403.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Troubleshooting SSH issues</a>.
Let us know how it goes!
Kind regards,
Ana
Hi Anna,
I've tried the two options you mention, to no avail. At this point I am not sure if the error message comes from the remote Bitbucket server or if it comes from the local Linux OS. Is there a way to know?
I have registered my public key on my BitBucket project, but still no luck.
Thanks,
-Eduardo
Hi @Eduardo Alvarez ,
Can you post your ssh troubleshooting steps?
ssh -i ~/path/to/identity_file user@bitbucket.org
I just ran this to confirm a working system from my system with my account.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.