I am no my local my-feature branch
git status reports nothing to commit, working tree clean
I want to switch to develop branch and do git fetch and git merge there (I prefer it over git pull)
However, doing so produces error below
Here I first check status and it shows that all is clean
mymbp:MyProj username$ git status
On branch my-feature
nothing to commit, working tree clean
Next I try to checkout my develop branch which is an existing local branch
On branch my-feature
nothing to commit, working tree clean
mymbp:MyProj username$ git checkout develop
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by checkout:
MyProj.sln
Please commit your changes or stash them before you switch branches.
AbortingIt complains that myProj.sln has been changed even though git status says nothing has changed.
Issuing git status again, confirms that nothing has changed
mymbp:MyProj username$ git status
On branch my-feature
nothing to commit, working tree clean