I cant seem to get through with setting up https
I run Confluence on Windows Server. I have done SSL both via Tomcat and via a reverse proxy. I have found that I get better performance via the reverse proxy. Tomcat just didn't seem to handle it as well. If you are on Windows Server you could reverse proxy via IIS, which I think makes the cert setup a whole lot easier.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/proxying-atlassian-server-applications-with-microsoft-internet-information-services-iis-833931378.html
You'll need to explain what way you want to do it (Tomcat? Proxy? Which proxy if so?), and what docs you have tried to follow?
I just did a basic set up. I tried following this guide
https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf64/running-confluence-over-ssl-or-https-936511699.html
I used IIS to create the self signed certificate but I'm not finding the server configuration file.
OK, the server.xml file is located in the Conflunce installation directory (not Confluence home/data) in the conf directory.
Best practice to do: Terminate SSL at an upfront reverse proxy (IIS, Apache HTTPD, ngnix,...) & reverse proxy all requests to Confluence.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.