Hello,
this is my situation:
- I've two group of user:
Group A: can create task and sub-task
Group B: can create only subtask on existing task
Since no create sub task permission is possible in JIRA I'm trying following workaround:
- Give Create Issue permission only to Group A
- Using standard workflow for Task where on Create transition there is a validator checking that user has "Create Issue" permission
- I've created a copy of this workflow, removed the validator on "Create issue" permission and assigned the workflow only to sub-task issue type.
What I was expecting is that user belonging to group B can't create taskbecause they haven't right permission, but they can create sub-task because validator in not present in the subtask workflow.
That solution is not working, Group B users can't create task and subtask.
Any suggestion? I'm misunderstanding how validators work?
If anyone has other solution to accomplish my requirement I'd be really grateful.
Andrea