I've been using Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence, etc.) on and off since maybe 2008 and they've always been solid (with some quirks), but recently I moved to a team that uses only Mac hardware for development. Since I can't use my favorite Windows tools (GitExtensions, proprietary internal tools, etc.), I tried a few alternatives (GitKraken, Fork, GitExtensions on Mono, etc.) on Mac before settling on SourceTree, which seems to offer the best solution for my needs... but I hit issues with it hanging on a daily basis.
- It hangs when I push to origin sometimes
- It hangs when I search for a file usually
- It hangs when I try to log a selected file half the time
- It hangs when I switch branches sometimes
- etc.
Is this normal? Sometimes the issue is just the spinner being left on-screen, but other times the app is completely unresponsive and I have to kill the whole process and restart. Unfortunately this kind of disrupts the debugging flow, so I was wondering if there were options I could tweak (perhaps increase cache sizes?) to improve the situation for a larger repo?
What is everyone else using on OSX these days with their medium-large team? Command line?
Thanks!!