Users have started adding next-Gen projects and It's allowing contractors to see the information in the project creating a serious security hole. how do i apply a global permission set to these projects so that the contractors can't see next gen projects. Or can I remove the capability to create next Gen Projects?
Hello,
You can remove the capability to create next-gen project.
Go to Jira settings -> System -> Global Permissions. And make modification to the Create Next-gen Projects permission.
I have the same exact issue. Is there a way to use the new project template but assign predefined permissions schemes so they cannot view these type of projects? The only way I found how to do it is to assign the project access to Private when creating the project then add the individual users you want.
We actually discovered how to do this. You must make a board private, then under Project Settings >> People you can add Jira groups. This is very unintuitive though, anyone creating a project assumes that the open setting sets the default permissions group, not literally everyone. I would remove the recommended from Open and set default to Private
Was there a resolution for setting the default permission level of a next-gen project to be set to private?
@John Seminatore That does not exist (maybe is because of the structure of the next-gen projects?)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.