Hello,
I would like to make a field not be editable for a specified user depended on a *status*, can this be achievable in some way?
Thanks in advance
If you want an out of the box solution, you could remove this field from the edit screen and create a transition in the workflow to edit this field for all statuses except the required statuses. For the required statuses you should create a separate transition to edit this field and add the User In Role condition to this transition. It would show this transition only for the users in a certain role. You could add your specified user to this role.
If you want a more flexible solution, then you would need a plugin.
For example, you could use the Power Scripts plugin:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-script-automation?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
Here is a tutorial on how make a field required, using this plugin:
https://confluence.cprime.io/display/TR/Make+a+custom+field+required+based+on+another+custom+field
If you need a script, according to your requirement, just let me know and I will help you to write it.
Hi Alexey,
Thanks for a good solution, I am just wondering, in case a user who has given a permission on a transaction edits the field and gives it a value, will other participants of the ticket see the edited field with the value? If yes then won't they be able to edit the ticket and change the value? I just think that in case I remove the field from edit screen, then maybe other participants won't be able to see the field in the ticket.
If you should remove the field only from the edit screen. Do not remove it from the view screen.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.