Hi there,
we have a working Service Desk project with approvals. I was ask if it's possible to implement a reminder mail to the reporter and approver regarding pending approval after 5 days. I thought about the following implementation:
1. Transition to the same status (Waiting for Approval) incl. a post function "Email this issue" with an according mail template
2. Automation rule based on the following JQL: status = "Waiting for Approval" and created < -4d and created > -5d. Scheduled every day. Of course, the according "Reminder" transition should be performed on the affected issues.
Regrettably it doesn't work properly. For testing reasons I created a Jira issue filter incl. Subscription to me in order to get notified on affected issues. On the weekend I was correctly reminded to a pending testing issue. Today, I received the filter subcription - but the automation rule wasn't triggered for real approvals.
Do you see any mistakes in my concept or configuration? Or do you have even a better idea for implementation?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Cheers,
Bernhard