We are a new Software company and are using Bitbucket to manage our source code for version and access control. As the system Administrator I want to make sure I am doing everything in my power to protect our source. In the past, when working on my own projects, I would just put the source in a file in my "Documents" folder and be happy that they were being backed-up. As we move to something more "official" so to speak, do I just put the folder containing all the source files on the "C" drive, import the repo in to Bitbucket, and call it a day? or do I need to store it some other way? Is Bitbucket actually storing a copy when I import it, or is it simply interfacing with the git files already in the repo?
Just to be clear we have a very good D.R. plan in place that works so a loss as the result of a system failure is not so important. More concerned about worst case scenario some one gets into our network how to best hide the source from them or How to protect against accidental deletion.
Where do you Store your Source?