When I add a user on JIRA and assign them admin access, will they be able to access the user management section and all other admin accesses?
Hello,
There are three types of Jira admins: Project Administrators, Jira administrators and Jira System administrators.
Project administrators are set in the project permission scheme and they do not have access to user management menu and other admin features.
Users with the Jira Administrator and Jira System Administrator global permissions can access the user management and other admin features.
You can see the difference between Jira administrators and Jira System Administrators here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-global-permissions-861253290.html
Thanks Alexey, thats really helpful.
Another question, I am the licence holder for JIRA, and I expected to have system admin access. But when I go into it, it says no one is a system admin and I cannot make any changes to this. Do you know how I can change this.
If you hold a license, it does not mean that you are an admin. Could you make a screenshot?
Who are the system admins in this case?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.