Hi,
I just upgraded my Confluence server instance from 6.0 to 6.12. I always ran this behind an nginx reverse proxy, which worked perfectly fine. After the upgrade I restored the server.xml settings required to get the proxied connection working, but now everything page-related seems to be in 'read-only'. When I try to change or publish a new page, I get this warning:
This site is read-only
Starting now, any changes you make won't be saved. We'll let you know when you can start editing again.
After about half a minute, I get this message and the "Publish" button is available again:
Successfully reconnected
We're back in business. You're free to save your page again.
But it gives me the first warning again when I retry.
When I access Confluence directly (not through the nginx proxy), all works perfectly fine. Also changing admin settings or posting comments to existing pages works fine via nginx. I'm very certain it's due to my nginx configuration or server.xml configuration, but I'm failing to find my own error 
server.xml:
<Connector port="8090" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443"
maxThreads="48" minSpareThreads="10"
enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0" URIEncoding="UTF-8"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
scheme="https" secure="true" proxyName="mydomain.com" proxyPort="443"/>
<Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false" startStopThreads="4">
<Context path="/wiki" docBase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
nginx configuration:
location /wiki {
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Server $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_pass http://confhost.int.mydomain.com:8090/wiki;
client_max_body_size 15M;
}
location /synchrony {
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Server $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_pass http://confhost.int.mydomain.com:8091/synchrony;
proxy_http_version 1.1;
proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
proxy_set_header Connection "Upgrade";
}All hints or ideas appreciated, as even Confluence in diagnostic mode doesn't tell much in the log files 