I installed cURL and I'm trying to create a JIRA issue from the command line but the curl code that Atlassian uses as an example isn't working for me. Atlassian says to use this url in the curl code: " http://localhost:8090/rest/api/2/issue/"
I tried replacing "localhost:8090" with my companies JIRA domain and it still didn't work. Do I have to use "localhost:8090" and try it from the command line on my JIRA server?? I'm just confused how this is working. Thanks!
You have done the right thing, if your JIRA is running on http://mycompany.com/jira then you'd replace localhost:8090 with mycompany.com/jira
So, the question is what you mean by "isn't working". What is the error message and what are you actually sending?
Hey,
This is the curl I'm inputting:curl -k -D- -u fred:fred -X POST --data {"fields": {"project": ITAM{ "key": "TEST" }, "summary": "REST ye merry gentlemen.", "description": "Creating of an issue using project keys and issue type names using the REST API", "issuetype": { "name": "App:Unknown"}}} -H "Content-Type: application/json" http://jira.mycompany.com/rest/api/2/issue/
I got this straight from Atlassian here: https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis/jira-rest-api-tutorials/jira-rest-api-example-create-issue
jira.mycompany.com is how we access jira.
error messages:Could not resolve host: keyCould not resolve host: RESTT ye merry gentlemenCould not..... and so on
Thanks for the help
Ok, there's a couple of issues:
Oh that was a silly mistake with the project.. I switched "Test" to ITAM and took away the other ITAM. I also tried the ' marks but I'm getting the same error. When I try to access jira.mycompany.com/rest/api/2/issue/ in my browser I get an HTTP status 405 error "Method Not Allowed" and I should be getting some JSON. I feel like that might be the reason I'm getting the command line error. Thoughts?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.