I am adding links in Confluence 6.4 to other Confluence pages in the same space. In some contexts (like a draw.io add on) the links that I select on the Insert Link dialog will use the pageID. For example, URL = /pages/viewpage.action?pageId=17534079.
If I go to a Confluence page and click on the chain icon at the top to add a link, the Insert Link dialog appears and I find the page to link (just as I did above), but now the link is saved at the "pretty" link using the name, not the pageID.
Example is URL = <our confluence site>.../display/COPM/1.4-Project+Kickoffs
If that name changes or moves the link breaks, so I want to always use the pageid link approach. How do I make that happen? I can't find a way that I have any control over that. Am I missing a setting?
Thanks in advance for your help. It will save the frustration of all of the dead links that we have to fix today.