I'm looking for a way to easily link a Jira ticket with a Salesforce case using only the case number. The scenario is as follows:
- We are currently using the ServiceRocket Salesforce & Jira Server Connector
- We're also heavy users of Jira Service Desk
- Tier 1&2 support is handled in Salesforce but when a case gets escalated to Tier 3 support a Jira ticket will be created by Tier 2 using Jira Service Desk
- This is valuable because of the KB integration with Confluence as well as the simplified user interface that the JSD portal provides
- T2 support are not JSD Agents so they cannot directly edit a ticket in the T3 queue. We want them to primarily live in the JSD portal.
What we'd like is for the T2 support person to simply enter the Salesforce case number as one of the required fields when the Jira ticket is opened in the JSD portal. IN theory that can create a link back to the Salesforce case so that additional case info can be populated on the Jira ticket for the T3 staff
I don't see any easy way to do this but I'm no expert with the ServiceRocket add-on so maybe I'm missing something.
Writing code in ScriptRunner or even as a custom add-on is not out of the question but I'd like to avoid that if possible.