I am a relatively new Project Admin, learning everything by trial and error. I've searched through the documentation, but can't figure this out.
I created a project, added a workflow, screens with custom fields, schemes, etc. Only tasks and sub-tasks were used. Everything works great. Issues created, transition validators working properly. Everyone's happy.
Then my boss requested a change. The sub-task should only be used under particular conditions and should bring up additional custom fields. I removed all reference to sub-type from the original scheme, and created a second workflow for the sub-task. But then as I was working through the documentation, I noticed a statement that said "there can be only one associate for an issue operation per Screen Scheme".
I thought that meant I couldn't have create/edit/view on the sub-task unless that was under a different scheme. Just to keep everything clean, I made a new workflow scheme and a screen scheme for the sub-task. However, when I try to add the issue type of sub-task to the scheme, it tells me "You must select at least one standard issue-type for your scheme" and won't let me save the issue type scheme.
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or how to get this to work properly. Any help would be sincerely appreciated.
My test environment is Jira 7.8.1, server-based.