Hey,
I spoke with some folks and they didn't want to go directly to the file to make updates to the Login Page. Just wondering if plugins we create can modify the Login Page as well as the other pages with say, JavaScript and CSS.
I found the answer I was looking for. Although my title was a bit vague. The title should've been 'Can I use a JIRA/Confluence plugin's JavaScript to influence the Login Page?'
Yes I can.
Good day @William Luong,
Can you please elaborate little bit on what you are trying to achieve? It looks like you don't like the log in page and want to make changes to it. Am I right?
Best
Fadoua
Hey @Fadoua, I just wanted to add a chatbot, but it just gets called using javacsript, and I want it to be available on every page. I tried following the hello world example of adding a plugin, but the javascript isn't being read. I tried using console.log() and alert()
@William Luonga Chatbot may work for JIRA Service Desk. Did you check if Issue Collector can meet your needs?
Also just a gently reminder keep in mind that a chatbot in JIRA or Confluence may trigger some slowness.
Best,
hey @Tinker Fadoua, I don't understand how the Issue Collector can help?
I just need something, like a template (or masterpage in terms of SharePoint) where I can insert my JavaScript and it'll apply to all pages. But I have a feeling a JIRA Plugin doesn't handle the login Page as well. The JavaScript will init the bot from another source. Will that trigger slowness?
@William Luong😊 it looks more like you are trying to create your own plugin. Thank you for sharing the steps! Greatly appreciated.
Yup I was . And no problem
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.