After deleting a project I get an error when trying to create a project with the same name.
Is there a trash been I need to clear?
Hello,
There is no trash. What exactly is the error?
Hi @[deleted]
The old project key will still exist in the jiradb.project_key table
It can be removed but I'm sure there are other tables check which I've forgotten
Hopefully someone else will chime in while i search the db.
I wouldn't recommend manually manipulating the JIRA DB, as this could cause issues unless the query is provided by the Atlassian Team. Upon creating a new project, system creates a ID in dbo.project which is a foreign key to other tables such including project & board tables.
Did you restart your instance after deleting a project? I've had this same issue in the past and the system needed a restart to resolve the issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.