Is there a way to add a post function in a workflow for closed tickets to be reopened when a Sub-Task has been created for a parent ticket?
Hey pqw5000,
On the Create step of your sub-task workflow, add a post function for "Transition parent issue" (this is available via the JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions plugin).
Hi Natalie,
Thanks for your recommendation. I already have that plugin installed. I tried adding the post function to the sub-task workflow, it didn't work. For the sub-task workflow's post function, what Transition Name or ID should I assign to the transition?
Thanks!
Hi,
Take a look at the workflow for the parent issue - find the id # associated with the transition that takes the issue from Closed to whatever the next status is you want (whether you use Open, or Reopened, or something else). That's the id you use in the sub-tasks' post function.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.