How can I get a query of tickets where issue type changed? I know out of the box JIRA won't do that. Any way is that possible?
Hi @[deleted],
you are correct that out of the box Jira does not support this feature. You can vote for the corresponding feature request.
One possibility you could try is the JQL Tricks Plugin. Its docs list a function called movedIssues where you can search for issues which were moved from one issue type to another.
Cheers,Matthias.
Thanks Matthias, I made a whole mess accidentally converting Epics to Stories and needed to track each of them down again. I was able to download the JQL Tricks plugin per your suggestion and utilize the following advanced search:
type = story AND jqlt.history.issuetype.from = Epic AND jqlt.history.issuetype.to = Story AND updated >= -7d
Great that you've shared your solution, @Helene Dryden
Darn. The JQL Tricks plugin for Jira Server is being sunsetted.
Upvote so we can track when an issueType has changed here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-30663Cloud version
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.