Hi All,
Context:
Our organisation is a adopting Agile. We are using JIRA. I am working as a Lead BA for a Project that is coming out of discovery to Implementation. In Discovery we identified, few EPICs such as Search, View, Template Management etc. to align with high level capabilities. Under those EPICS, we created stories. In discovery those stories were at a high level and not elaborated fully. Team recorded their estimates in story points in JIRA to support MVP definition and estimation process. So far so good.
Situation:
Now we are moving to implementation and as per my Scrum master, the stories must be brought down to the level where developers and testers can pick up. In waterfall world, these are system level requirements which is a lower level of business requirements done during Discovery. So I am experiencing that the stories in Discovery had to be reshaped a little with POs and sometime needs to be split up to align with how the requirements are going to be implemented in system.
Problem Definition:
1) My main worry is how the Story points applied at Discovery are gonna workout when I split the stories and how my burn up with work.
2) Am I missing a step in requirement management i.e. business requirements to system requirement. But I don't see any option of business - System story etc. Perhaps my company does not have right plug ins.
If you can shed any light or point me in some direction where I can find answers to these questions that shall be great.
Best Regards
Sumit