Hi,
We are looking into adding an additional User Directory and I need advice.
We already have a "Microsoft Active Directory (Ready Only)" user directory that synchronises a "ML-JIRA" AD group with JIRA (it is a mailing list). This is no longer sustainable because we are having to manually add people to this AD group.
I've tested creating another "User Directory" that follows the method for Connecting JIRA to an Internal Directory with LDAP authentication (with copying users on first login) and I've set this directory to be the SECOND directory in the list.
Everything seems to work okay:
Users can now login to JIRA without the JIRA admins adding them to the ML-JIRA group in AD. (YAY!)
Later, the users are automatically added to the ML-JIRA list (via outside automated process) so we can still easily email all JIRA users from Outlook.
I noticed that after the user is added to JIRA and the first directory syncs, the read only Microsoft Active Directory takes precedence... 2 accounts show up in the cwd_users table, but only one account shows up in the user list with a directory of "active-directory" (which is fine).
It seems that when this happens, all the issues are magically associated with the "new" user and that first user directory is used from then on for authentication.
Is this configuration okay? Can you foresee any issues using the authentication in this way?
I've already configured the synchronization groups to be the same...and it seems to work (users logging in to JIRA without being added to my AD group are automatically ending up in the right groups in JIRA).
However, I don't know if I'm missing something... has anyone done this, are there any known issues or things I should watch out for?
Thank you~!