When a tech is getting ready to resolve an issue we want to make it mandatory that they add a comment in the resolution pop-up box. Is there a way to do that?
Hello Alison,
You can use Validators to implement this functionality:
Navigate to your project > Project Settings > Workflows > Click to Edit your Workflow
Select the last transition of your workflow and click Validators:
Then, add the Field Required Validator to the last transition of your workflow, selecting the field comment:
P.S: You should also have a screen with the comment field in the last transition of your workflow.
For more information, check the documentation below:
- Advanced Workflow Configuration
Hello - I would recommend creating a 'Screen' with the Resolution field populated and integrating that into the specific workflow. This will allow a screen to pop-up with a comments field for users to type a comment before resolving an issue.
Hope this is somewhat useful.
Thanks
I've seen that article but when I go to add validator I don't get the available fields drop down list. This is what I see:
Are you using JIRA Server or Cloud?
There is an add-on called JIRA Suite Utilities that provide the validator I mentioned. It's added by default to JIRA Cloud, however, this add-on is paid on the Server version.
If you are using JIRA Server, you can install the add-on in the link below:
JSU - Suite Utilities for Jira
We are using Jira Server. I will look into installing the add-on. Thanks for the help!
This was very useful - thank you. The issue has been resolved.
thanks. it helps to set it up. is there any change to configure whether the "respond to customer" or "internal comment" are selected as standard in the comment section?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.