Upon downloading the 30-day trial. I am unable to get things set up. It is asking to chose a different port. Right now it's stating that HTTP port 8080, and Control port 8005 is being used. How should I go about solving this issue?
Hello,
I am not sure, what you are trying to install but you could open the server.xml file in your installation directory, change ports there and restart your application.
Hi Alexey,
JIRA is what I'm trying to get started. I don't believe that I need a server for that, or do I?
Jira runs on the Tomcat server. You can find it in the JIRA_INSTALL directory. You should find the server.xml file and change it. You can find more info here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/changing-jira-application-tcp-ports-861253904.html
It's a service run by a server whatever you run it on.
The server.xml file contains the port settings. It sounds like you need to change the ports in there so they don't clash with other running things.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.