I recently set up an overseas user but he can't log in, unlike his coworkers. Nothing is different about his set up but I wanted to see if I could log in as him to make sure it is not a ID and password issue. Is that possible?
On Cloud, you can impersonate them. On Server, you'd need an App to enable the function (there are several)
However, these are impersonation once logged in, they are not going to help you debug a log in problem.
You need to get them to try to log in, give you the exact error or rejection messages, and debug from there.
Would there be a reason I couldn't at least log in as them?
I don't quite understand the question. As I said, impersonation is not going to help you debug a login problem.
Logging in as them is the only way to debug it. It's bad practice to hand over a user/password, but you may have to ask them to do that if they're incapable of giving you the error/rejection message.
I created their account and password so they're not giving me any confidential info. I was trying to troubleshoot to see if ti was a log in problem or network connection problem. I figured if I can at least log in as them, it may determine it is a network connection issue since they are overseas.
If you have their credentials, then try them and read the errors.
When I do it says your username and password are incorrect-please try again. Not sure how that's possible when I created them both. And i already deleted and recreated the account.
You'll need to read the log file to find out why the system is rejecting them.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.