I have connected my service desk and confluence instances. I have access set to "unlicensed access".
Customers in the portal can search the knowledge base and links will appear, however when clicked those links will not load.
Hi Kelly - Can you try to go to your Confluence Knowledge Base > Space Tools > Permissions. Go down to Anonymous Access and set Anonymous view permissions. This will allow anonymous users to view anything in your knowledge base. Be advised, if your site is public than users outside of your network would be able to view your knowledge base.
Let me know if this works!
Hi -
We don't want to make our site public. We want to use the "unlicensed user" feature that is available. We only want our customers to be able to view the knowledge base for their portal.
Thanks!
Kelly - I believe when those links are clicked, the system attempts to route users from Service Desk Portal to the Confluence space that is linked. I confirmed in my version (JIRA - v7.12.1, Confluence - v6.6.0 and Service Desk - v3.15) will route me from the portal to the literally confluence page. Do you have this same functionality occurring in your instance?
I believe that is what it is doing. When a customer uses the search bar in the portal the links are there. Once one is selected, the search screen goes away, and the below appears until it times out.
The links are connected to confluence because the blurb that appears with them (the 2 lines of text below) does in fact show what the confluence page shows.
Thanks for all of your help
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.