Hi,
In Jira, for each priroty there is a color field.
What and how this priority color is used?
Thanks,
Um, it's used when displaying a priority.
Other than the basic "show us a priority" which is shown throughout Jira whereever there is a call for priority, it's used by the old calendar plugin. I'm not sure that there is any other use.
When exactly is it used?
I see the icons (not the colors) when I click to change a priority, but I have not been able to find the colors used anywhere.
I also tried creating a "simple calendar", but I did not see the expected colors there.
Update: I found a place where color is used. One can configure a Kanban board to use the priority color coding for the colors of the cards on the board. Not sure if it's used anywhere else, but that's useful.
I'm sorry but this really isn't a clear answer.
What is the purpose of the color by priority if you cannot set them to highlight the row text color or background color?
I'm not sure I can make it more clear. It's used when you look at priorities. It varies between versions as to where it's shown, and it's quite handy on the calendars. That's it really.Highlighting and background colours aren't implemented based on colour (which is a good thing because most people will do really bad things with it and render the systems unusable for the visually impaired)
Thanks for the quick response. I must respectfully disagree. I may be barking up the wrong tree here but trac systems do this by default and its quite handy for seeing issues by priority.
Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 4.45.25 PM.png
I have even seen there is an Atlassian plugin for a similar feature. We are just not willing to pay for something so basic that we have seen in other common systems.
Also, I was not talking about removing existing functionality, so it would make no difference for the visually impaired (which no one at our company is).
Priority colour is used for a dashboard gadget https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/priority-color-configuration-will-not-change-the-color-of-a-priority-s-text-or-icon-814219009.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.