Hi,
I've got a requirement to create an automation rule that will monitor the change of the Target End date on a particular type of story. If the story belongs to type A, I want to compare the story's Target End date with the Epic's custom field "Target End A" and copy the value to "Target End A" if it is a later date.
Two problems I encountered:
- I'm not sure how to compare the date field using the condition in Automation for Jira. There's "Equal" and "Not Equal" but I couldn't find an option to find out whether a date field is larger/later than another date field.
- I try to copy the "Target End" value from the triggerIssue and put it in "Target End A" on the epic. BUT "Target End" is nowhere to be found. I suspect it is something to do with the "Target End" field is a special custom field used by Portfolio for Jira. Is there another way to get to the value?