We have a JIRA 7.10. project up and running in Production and as jira-administrator, just tried to import 100 new Issues by going to Admin->External Import and selected CSV <= the actual wording might be a little off.
The 1st thing we noticed was our saved configuration file only mapped to a handful of custom fields whereas all fields had previously mapped - so we manually remapped everything.
The import seemed to have no errors but when we ran Validate we had many warnings that basically said,
- The value <some value> "cannot be added to the custom field."
- "The value NULL="<some value>"cannot be found or is in the incorrect format."
It seems if a value was not already present in a Single/Multi-list custom field - that value was not being added to the list and not used in the imported Issue.
Example: If I have a single-list "Example" that has the values
and I wanted to add an Issue that contained single-list Example value "C" - I would get the Warning
- The value C cannot be added to the custom field.
- The value NULL="C" cannot be found or is in the incorrect format.
I've read some of the previous situations that people have had with importing CSV files but haven't seen anything quite like this.
Any suggestions or things I can try to make this work?
What will happen if I just ignore the warnings and allow the import to finish?
Note: Before trying this import in Production I ran the import multiple times on my laptop using the exact same Project, Issues, Screens, FIelds, CSV and Configuration files and it worked every time without Errors or Warnings.
Jim