Hi All,
I want to use Bitbucket as a maven repository. I created a maven-repository git repo and I can upload artifacts with wagon-git. But I cannot download an artifact from Bitbucket with https. How can I define a private bitbucket repository as a maven repository?
I found some info like this:
<repositories> <repository> <id>id</id> <url>https://bitbucket.org/my_account/maven-repository/raw/releases/repository/</url> </repository> </repositories>
What is the correct url to access my repository?
thanx
Zamek
Hello,
Bitbucket is not a maven repository. You should use such repositories as Nexus, Artifactory and so on.
Also you can find a solutin here:
https://jeroenmols.com/blog/2016/02/05/wagongit/
Hi Alexey,
Thx for your answer, I also know BB is not the best maven repository, but it isn't my decision.
I already read this post but I cannot set correctly it with maven. I have a server in my settings.xml like this:
<settings> <servers> <server> <id>my_bb_name</id> <username>my_bitbucket_user_name</username> <password>my_bitbucket_password</password> </server> </servers> </settings>
and in my pom.xml:
<repositories> <repository> <id>my_bb_name</id> <url>https://bitbucket.org/my_bb_name/maven-repository/src/releases/</url> </repository> </repositories>
My question is that, how can I set the simple https accessing of a bitbucket repo?
thx
I have never configured bitbucket as a maven repository because it is not created for it. I think we should use the right tools for each thing.
I'm doing this too using: https://synergian.github.io/wagon-git/bitbucket.html.
A Git repository is a low-cost option to maintain a private repository. It's not a fully functional repository manager but a useful way to have always on HTTP access without running a service yourself.
<repositories> <repository> <id>myrepository-releases</id> <name>Releases using BitBucket</name> <releases> <enabled>true</enabled> </releases> <snapshots> <enabled>false</enabled> </snapshots> <url>https://api.bitbucket.org/1.0/repositories/myaccount/myrepository/raw/releases</url> </repository></repositories>
The last "releases" is the branch name in "myrepository" where the web URL on ButBucket would be https://bitbucket.org/myaccount/myrepository/src/releases/.
https://api.bitbucket.org/1.0/ ? this is still functional
Yes I also think, using bitbucket as a maven repository is not the best choice. Installing a nexus sonatype in a docker environment is much more simple.
The flexibility and control from running an always-on container is an advantage too, at a cost. The key advantage of a Git repository backing a Maven artifact repository is that you probably already have a source control repository. It doesn't scale, file sizes are limited and archiving is awkward, but it is always-on high availability for no extra cost.
I'm still using the config above without error, however... I note that my repository didn't get updated when I last ran:
mvn deploy
Last success April 22nd. To be continued.
I can confirm a variant of this URL is functional:
https://api.bitbucket.org/1.0/repositories/{acc}/{repo}/raw/releases
After the time spent not finding a graceful storage solution, I'm going to switch to a remote actual artifact repository that is only running when needed.
The constraints on BitBucket for storage and the difficulty caused by using Git for file management are probative.
I am using [wagon-git][1] version 0.2.5 to deploy and consume the artifact from my private bitbucket. Following the same steps as given in the documentation http://synergian.github.io/wagon-git/bitbucket.html.
Error:
`Could not resolve dependencies for project com.xxx:yyy:jar:1.0.0: The following artifacts could not be resolved: com.aaa:bbb:jar:3.0: Could not find artifact com.aaa:bbb:jar:3.0 in xxx_repo (https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/company/xxx_repo/raw/releases)`
Research:
From my research, I found many suggested the problem in repository URL so I changed tohttps://bitbucket.org/company/xxx_repo/raw/releases/ from this URL I am able to access the repo but the compilation fails with an error saying zip END header not found
`Compilation failure:[ERROR] Error reading /home/msuser1/.m2/repository/com/aaa/bbb/3.0/bbb-3.0.jar; zip END header not found`
And too many warning saying checksum validation failed.
`[WARNING] Could not validate integrity of download from https://bitbucket.org/company/xxx_repo/raw/artifacts/com/aaa/bbb/3.0/bbb-3.0.jar: Checksum validation failed, expected <!doctype but is 2f947caee42a20633fb9c412ew53591f64b8c4481`Solution:
**What is the exact URL for consuming the artifact from a private bitbucket?****Can anyone provide complete working steps to deploy and consume artifact from private bitbucket using wagon-git?**
[1]: http://synergian.github.io/wagon-git/bitbucket.html
I'm facing the same issue.
I have a repository configured in my pom.xml with this URL:
https://api.bitbucket.org/1.0/repositories/guambo/encrypt/raw/releases
And we know they have taken out API v1.0, and currently there's the v2.0, however it's totally different from the former one.
What could be the URL for the same purpose in v2.0..?
<repositories> <repository> <id>guambo-encrypt</id> <url>https://api.bitbucket.org/1.0/repositories/guambo/encrypt/raw/releases</url> </repository></repositories>
This doesn't work anymore because BitBucket's API v1.0 is deprecated..
Thanks..
Did you find a fix for the deprecated 1.0 API and the new URL to use?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.