I'm having an issue using application links between JIRA and Confluence. Both Jira and Confluence are on their own VMs sitting behind a proxy, and both use Crowd to authenticate users.
The application link is established easily enough, but when I go to link a project to a confluence space, I get the error "Sorry, there are no links available when using anonymous access, check the permission configuration of the remote application.".
Both outgoing and incoming authentication IP masks are set wide open as *.*.*.*, and the URL patterns are left blank. We are on an intranet isolated from the web so security is not an immediate concern - functionality is. OAuth and Basic Access are setup. Anonymous access is enabled for confluence, and remote API calls are enabled for JIRA.
These are fresh installs for an enterprise solution and I really need this to work, are there any ideas out there?