I'm looking to restrict a edit privileges on a screen based on a users role.
Hi Tomas, if you are talking about Jira and you mean you don't want a role to be able to edit the issue then the only thing you have to do it's remove that role from the edit issue permission on your permission scheme.
Docs: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions
Thanks Ramiro for the fast response. I should have been clearer. You are correct, it is Jira and I'd need the restriction to be screen (or field if possible) focused. For example, if a user is on one screen, they have permission to edit, alternatively, if the user is on a different screen, permission to edit is denied.
Does that make sense?
By screen you are not talking about issue screen scheme (create, edit, view screen) right?
Plus, there's a possibility using propertys in status. Adding jira.issue.editable = false in a status will restrict edit for that status in particular.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.