Hi all, I'm a novice jira user and downloaded the self-hosted jira software server to learn how to use it in a more advanced way.
I chose to try it for free for the time being but I plan to purchase the one time payment of $10 (Canadian).
I downloaded the files from atlassian, it opened my browser to http://localhost:8080/secure/WelcomeToJIRA.jspa and I popped in a username and password to a first time experience where it asked if I wanted to start a sample kanban or scrum board.
So I managed to be able to log in that one time, now however, I try to enter the same details and it isn't able to log in. I use the "Can't access your account?" link and have tried entering both options - if you've forgotten your password, to enter your username, and if you've forgotten your username, enter your email.
I tried both but neither sends me an email with any details. Is this because I didn't enter in an email as a user? (Forgive me, I'm still learning jira terminology so I'm not sure if I logged in as a user or a system admin, or if that makes a difference. I'm not sure how to check this neither.)
I'm sure someone has asked the same question but because I'm learning the terminology that surrounds jira I may have not understood the solution from other posts, if anyone could point me in the right direction I very much appreciate it. If there is other info anyone needs I will provide it so I can remedy this and finally log in.