An AD user is not visible in JIRA, even after the synchronization?
Any clues?
Tks in advance
Hi Antonio,
just a guess: Does he have an email/mail attribute set in AD?
Best
JP
Hi,
what about synchronization? Is it ok?
If yes, then are you using more user direstories (like built-in jira user direstory - is is first in order?)?
That happened to one of customers when same username was used in internal jira directory which was as first in order so user from AD with same username will not show.
Let me know if you have still this problem or if you will need any help.
Hi, Jan-Peter,
I must check it because the AD control is made by another department inside the company. The most I have is only the needed data to connect JIRA and AD, and nothing else.
I'll ask them at the beginning of next week.
BTW, why is the e-mail attribute relevant in this case?
Thank you very much for your clues.
Antonio.
Hi, Petr,
In fact we have two directories: the Jira Internal and the AD. And Jira Internal comes before AD.
However, the user is NOT configured in Jira Internal, only in AD.
What about any forgotten groups to assign for access to Jira?
we had the problem with a user not showing up in Jira & it turned out, the mail attribute was not set for his account. As I understand the documentation
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/connecting-to-an-ldap-directory-938847052.html
the mail attribute has to be set.
Are you able to access the AD server with an LDAP client like http://www.ldapadmin.org/screenshots/index.html ?
You could try to connect with the same credentials as the Jira connector, using the same user filters & check, if the missing user is listed.
That's what I try, if we've any issues...
BINGO, Petr!
Thank you very much!
Greetings
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.