Hi,
I've installed javamelody plugin for Jira in our server with Jira 5.2.4 and I'm very impressed of the detailled reports. But the SQL statistics are missing. According to the user guide, I have to modify the /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/dbconfig.xml and /opt/atlassian/jira/conf/server.xml files in order to view some SQL reports. Here is my dbconfig.xml file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jira-database-config>
<name>defaultDS</name>
<delegator-name>default</delegator-name>
<database-type>mysql</database-type>
<jdbc-datasource>
<url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jiradb?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF8&sessionVariables=storage_engine=InnoDB</url>
<driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
<username>USER</username>
<password>PASSWORD</password>
<pool-min-size>20</pool-min-size>
<pool-max-size>20</pool-max-size>
<pool-max-wait>30000</pool-max-wait>
<validation-query>select 1</validation-query>
<min-evictable-idle-time-millis>60000</min-evictable-idle-time-millis>
<time-between-eviction-runs-millis>300000</time-between-eviction-runs-millis>
<pool-max-idle>20</pool-max-idle>
<pool-remove-abandoned>true</pool-remove-abandoned>
<pool-remove-abandoned-timeout>300</pool-remove-abandoned-timeout>
<pool-test-while-idle>true</pool-test-while-idle>
<validation-query-timeout>3</validation-query-timeout>
</jdbc-datasource>
</jira-database-config>
Which according to the guide have to be modified to:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jira-database-config>
<name>defaultDS</name>
<delegator-name>default</delegator-name>
<database-type>mysql</database-type>
<jndi-datasource><jndi-name>java:comp/env/jdbc/JiraDS</jndi-name></jndi-datasource>
</jira-database-config>
If I understood the guide correctly.
Also the lines:
<Resource name="jdbc/JiraDS" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
username="[enter db username]"
password="[enter db password]"
driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/jiradb?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF8"
maxActive="20"
maxIdle="10"
validationQuery="select 1"
/>
Has to be inserted between <Context ... > </Context> element in /opt/atlassian/jira/conf/server.xml
But there is no such element in the file. I have found the <Context ... > </Context> element in /opt/atlassian/jira/conf/context.xml
Can you please clarify for me what are the exact steps in order to be able to view some SQL statistics?