Hello,
I want to search all issues to which I have entered a comment. Recently or in the distant past.
How can I do this?
Thanks
Also commented jql function in script runner.
This will just find issues where the specified user commented, and not "participated" in as the Participants field gives you.
I appreciate you can't install plugins but maybe someone else has the same question.
AFAIK you can't do it without a plugin.
Generally the Participants fields from JIRA Toolkit plugin is sufficient for this, while this includes all issues in which you have participated (not just commented, like editing)
Can you please guide me as per how to use JIRA toolkit?
I do not see in my Advanced Search a "participants" field.
Thanks.
After you install the toolkit you need to define the field as a global field. It doesn't need to be on any screen to be searched though. However, it will only capture data from after it is defined.
Thanks I cannot use this.
The Jira I work on is managed by a customer. So I cannot ask for such tools to be added.
I read your reply to Joe's comment. I am afraid that you cannot achieve this without a plugin.
Can I alternatively use JQL to query Jira database? Maybe via SQL on the underlying Oracle database?
I assume I can use JQL to search for all issues that have been commented by a user?
Maybe
issueFunction in commented(
"by User1"
)
How can I use JQL on a Jira installation? Thanks.
You can use https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.andreymarkelov.atlas.plugins.utils
For JIRA Cloud you can use JIRA JQL Pro Add-On
You can view JIRA Comment Toolbox . To search on author of the comments with or without date range.
Moreover, you can use JIRA Comment Toolbox for these;
Is there anyway to push currentUser() into that? I didn't see that as an option since I need to put it in quotes. Unless jql support groovyString like notation ${currentUser()}
As a workaround, you can use a dashboard:
1 open Dashboard2 Add Gadget Activitiy Stream3 Add a global filter: Project is XY4 Add a global filter: User is (username)5 Below the Global Filter, klick JIRA - Add Filter: Activity is Comment6 Set "limit to 99 items"
You now have the comments as an activity stream.
issueFunction in commented("by currentUser()")
"by currentUser()"
works fine in recent versions.
Excellent work around without plug-ins!!
Thanks David!
-Ben
+1
total lifesaver, thank you
You can use an add-on Essential Custom Fields for JIRA.
Does somebody know how to do it (find user comment id and issue id) using an JIRA REST API?
Yes. You send a JSON file asking for issues and in the fields you specify "comments" (see below), and you get back a JSON file with a list of comments for each issue.
The data for each comment contains the comment ID, the author details, the body, the updater details (if comment was updated) and the dates (created, updated).
The input JSON would be like this:
{ "jql": "project = \"My SOSP Project\" AND key >= SOSP-1 AND key < SOSP-1001 order by key asc", "maxResults": 1000, "fields": [ "summary", "comment" ]}
Hi,
I want to know how can i check the name of who imputed with a empty comment in a ticket,
Like
project = XXX AND worklogDate >= startOfMonth() AND labels = XXX
But i want the name of all people who comment and not just the tickets, any solution for this ?
There is no way to search, AFAIK.
There are two options that I have used:
1. If you have the add-on Better Excel Exporter for Jira, you can run a query and export the results+comments into an Excel file.
2. Use the Jira REST-API to perform the query (as you specified above). In the list of fields to retrieve, specify the summary, comments and any other fields that you want.
Then write a script to find the comments you're interested in.
The input json would be similar to this:
{"jql": "project = \"X Y Z\" AND worklogDate >= startOfMonth() order by key asc","maxResults": 1000,"fields": ["summary","comment","attachment","status"]}
for every issue, you get the key and the fields you asked for. For the comments, it's a list of the issue's comments, each item containining the author, date, body and some more data.
I use the latter approach.
Sorry to barge in like this, but is there any update on this issue? I cannot take out a user from the company account and Jira reports that there are 2 comments associated with his name. Of course, I cannot find those comments.
Did anyone solve this properly?
See my two suggestions above (Jun. 20, 2019)
and, for some reason, I don't have it in my plugins list. Multiple attempts to install, same outcome.
1
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.