Hi, for one of my Projects I want that the user has less options while choosing a resolution. Normally the user kann chose between 10. For my project I only want him to be able to choose between 5 options. Is there anyway to solve this problem?
@[deleted]Both @Danyal Iqbal and @Alexey Matveevanswers are correct. From experience I suggest you use the jira.field.resolution.include option. Using the exclude option will require you update the workflow any time you add a new resolution. Using include you'll only need to touch it if you add a new one you want to add to the list.
Hello,
You can use worflow properties for it.
You can find more info here in the Accepted asnwer:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Jira-How-to-Restrict-Resolution-options-according-to-transition/qaq-p/74448
Resolution is a global field by default i.e a new resolution is available in all projects and issue types. However, you could restrict resolutions based on issue types/workflows. Please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-3821 for the introduction of this feature. As a quick hint, you can use workflow properties to restrict the resolutions. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/workflow-properties-861253674.html
Hi Joe, thanks a lot for your answer. It works very good with one resolution. How can I also add more resolutions to the command?
You add the resolution IDs as a comma separated string:
jira.field.resolution.include =1,2,3
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.