I wanted to prepare a report which will give me a overview of the change history of an issue, how can i achieve it?
Copy and paste the "issue history" tab?
There's not a lot else you can do here. A word export might get you part way to an excel table, but the change history is the best option.
@Nic Brough [Adaptavist]
Hello Nic,
Thanks for your reply, though copy and pasting would not be good idea in my case as i am having around 500-600 issues in my JIRA project.
Do we have any plugin available for this which significantly export History of issue. I found one plugin - Exporter but it only facilitates to export Comments and Transitions besides default JIRA export.
I'm not aware of any add-ons that would do that. I see your point about 500 issues, but that begs the question "why?" What do you need the history of 500 issues for?
We have one requirement where we wanted to track changes in versions of each issue in its lifecycle.hence this requirement.
Mmm. The changes are already tracked in JIRA's history for the issues, so you already have the tracking. I think my question needs to be more about how you really want to report on this.
I find it interesting that this is one of the FIRST things I wanted to do when tossed into a project having over 7,000 issues. What I want to do is to look at aggregate statistics showing how long it takes a bug to go from "In Progress" (not "Created") to "Closed" and to look at the average between priority groups to see if things are being classified correctly so that predictions for delivery dates can be improved.
The only way to get this is to be able to export Issues AND link them to exported IssueHistory.
In case anyone is interested in the solution for JIRA Cloud, there's now plugin that exports history of changes to JIRA issues - Advanced Export.
Any custom or standard field can be exported with every change as a separate row to make it easy to analyse in spreadsheet or postprocess in any other way.
Full disclosure: I'm the author
Tomasz, any plans to add a single issue export function or build another addon?
i havent found a plugin that can export a single issue with full details, i.e. comments, transition, history, activity.
we have audit requirements and we have to selectively export full details for request specific issue.
I evaluated Advanced export and it seems pretty straightforward, but doesnt meet my needs.
We also have requirements from auditors who like to see the history of a card going through the motions. Being able to export to PDF and including the History section would make things so much quicker than using multiple screenshots.
Still a problem. Even after all this time. My expectation was for Atlassian to provide a Power BI integration that makes this issue mute. Really unbelievable that we still do not have a viable solution after all this time.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.