Hi There,
Is it possible to add different color, other than the default color, to a label in issue?
Thanks,
Vivek
Hello Vivek,
After some time digging about this feature, I find out that this functionality is not possible at this moment.
We had a feature request in the past asking for this functionality, however, our developers have decided to not implement it due to the small number of requests:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-12365
There seem to be multiple issues for this. Wonder which is the correct one... Better make sure you vote on all of them:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71983
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-19551
Hi Vivek,
It doesn't seem that this is natively supported by JIRA, but you could vote for the request here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-12365
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-12365
Hope it helps,
Carlos
There is also this question in the Community:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Change-label-color-e-g-Due-Date-in-IssueNavigator/qaq-p/504152
Thank you so much guys, your input has been helpful. I have logged a request for feature.
You're welcome, Vivek. Hopefully there is more interest in this feature and it gets implemented one day. I think it's a good idea!
I would also love this feature...
Atlassian is sleeping in the laurels. Azure DevOps has this functionality and more. I am thinking seriously to cancel my subscription.
+1
We would love to see this feature too because our team is hoping to use color label for stories so that each team will see clearly on which stories they should involve in backlog.
Add color to labels. I'm sure I speak for 100's of thousands of users.
wrong account
We would like to have this feature.
When are we having this feature ?
Jira Cloud, dragable color labels with color wheel sorely needed.
Coloring of labels will make my life as a product manager easier. We need more flexible and visual ways to sort, label and prioritize our backlog.
upvoting the request, i would love to separate issues not only by epic colors, but also by label colors
+1 - request for this functionality, please.
Yes we really need to assign colour to different labels like in Trello. Is there an update on this feature?
Ok Atlassian - Any update on getting color labels? Should be a easy update I would think. What's taking so long???
Ability to add more label colors is absolutely essential. I hope you've received enough feedback by now to make this a high priority. Thank you.
Carlos,
A lot more people have expressed interest in this enhancement. Do we have enough now for this to be added to the list of things to do by the developers? It seems like a pretty popular enhancement.
Atlassian closed the JSWSERVER issue in Mar 2018 by rejecting it. How do we reopen the request?
the new cloud issue is https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71983
Please vote there
I have not found an issue for server yet
PLEASE VOTE FOR THESE ISSUES!!! Server:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-19551?jql=project%20%3D%20JSWSERVER%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20text%20~%20%22color%20label%22%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC
Atlassian is using the lack of votes to justify ignoring implementing this feature.
"however, our developers have decided to not implement it due to the small number of requests"
Seriously ?? Jira not having coloured labels by default on day 1 in mid-2020 ... 🤔It is critical to many people that are working in different fields.A reason I would stop using Jira if I can't find an easy solution in the coming days.
I selected Jira to be more productive, not to waste time on extra learning, baby-sitting the solution or change my ways of working. (wasted more than 30mn only for this 😡)
+1000000
I came here looking for how to do it, not whether it can be done!
Sorry you were disappointed - many of us wish the card display features were more sophisticated. As an option to waiting for and Altlassian update, you could see if the Jira Marketplace has something that provides this functionality.
+1 a very basic feature missing here, what is going on?
I had this request recently.
Crazy this feature is not implemented. Just wanted to throw this out here. We have started using colored emojis in the label itself, then in Board settings show labels on issue.
Only tested on KanBan boards.
https://emojipedia.org/search/?q=circle
The emoji needs to be the last character to show up in the label drop down though.
for example: "Test📌"
Otherwise it doesn't show, not even in the dashboard widget as a used label.
Very nice workaround. Thank you!
Thanks for sharing this cool workaround.
+1 request for label colors pleeeeeease.
They have stated that they will not implement it. They have a very monolithic system and even with their Rest APIs you can guess that all they have is an old JSP server and there is no way they can implement much new functionality. Our best bet is to switch to another product and let Attlassian come with another product or buy another one.
but they already have the "Next Gen" product, which also does not have this feature..
Our best bet is to switch to another product and let Attlassian come with another product or buy another one.
Probably right, but unfortunately often we have to work with what the customer uses so there is not always a choice in that matter.
I use Trello because they have this and Atlassian bought it. Their 'nextGen' it is probably just a new version of their monolithic system. They need a new product from scratch. Microservices and move away from JSP. I am using their products less and less just because of this. Microsoft will catch up with the acquisitions they are making an how they are integrating everything with Azure.
Atlassian needs to restructure or die.
we would also like to have this feature.
I also came to search for color in labels. we need it and also it should have the option to show it in the small tickets boxes in the active sprints Please add colors
The tab in my browser shows this as "Solved: Label Colors in Issue".
How is it solved, please?
agreed!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.