Hi All,
if i'm using xxxx.atlassian.net for Jira and Confluence plus xxxx.bitbucket.com how do I verify these sites to enable Atlassian Access for these sites?
Thanks!
Hey Jörg!
Sorry this question went unanswered for a week! There are two methods to verify your domain, both documented on the domain verification article.
The HTTPS method will go faster (assuming you can modify files on your company's web server) as you don't have to wait for DNS servers to update.
There are a couple prerequisite with this method:
Here's how to get rolling on verification over HTTPS:
Upload the HTML file to the root directory of your domain's webserver.
If that is giving you problems or you don't meet the prerequisites, you can try verification through the other method: DNS records. This can just take a little longer since it's possible you may have to wait for DNS caches to expire before verification can complete.
Cheers,Daniel
Sorry that does not help. It's just the instructions from the webpage which I've read.
I'm using the Atlassian Cloud - xxx.atlassian.net for Jira and Confluence plus xxxx.bitbucket.com
I cannot edit the DNS Record for atlassian.net or bitbucket.com, nor can i put a file on those systems.
How do I link them instead.
Cheers
Jörg...
Domain verification is for claiming ownership of your company's site - for example mycoolcompany.com so that you can administrate anybody coming in with an email address like john@mycoolcompany.com. This is how you set access policies for organizations in Atlassian Access.
Sorry for the confusion on that - you definitely don't and shouldn't have access to records for atlassian.net or bitbucket.com, nor do you need to modify those for Atlassian Access.
Creating an Organization in Atlassian Access is what allows you to define specific security policies (password complexity for example). And you need to verify ownership of the domain you're setting up as an organization (yourcompany.com). The instructions are for doing this on your company's domain.
Reading through the documentation I can see how this is confusing! Let me know if that helped clarify things.
Hi @Daniel Eads, I am not sure where the root directory is for my Atlassian Cloud. Please may you help me where to find this?
Guys, I use atlassian cloud and normally registered the domain.
I'll pass on what I did, and see if it helps.Perhaps I did not understand your doubt.
I just entered the instance and chose to register via DNS.
Soon I contacted the infrastructure team, and asked to add the line that I copied in the jira to the DNS server's .conf file.
No further configuration is necessary.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.