I am trying to use the REST services provided by JIRA.
I am using JDK 6 and it giving me SSL exception.
It works fine with JDK 8.
Does your Jira instance have a self-signed or internal CA signed SSL certificate? If you're not using a commercial SSL certificate, you will need to import the cert in to the Java keystore on your JDK6. Maybe this was done on your JDK8 and not on JDK6?
Hard to say without knowing what the "ssl exception" is, but the two options that spring to my mind are
1. You've imported a certificate it needs into the key store in JDK 8, but not done that for 6.
2. JDK 8 does not try to use a couple of protocols that JDK 6 will use. They were dropped because security holes were found. If your system is working with 8, it's demanding secure protocols, but 6 may be offering the compromised ones and the server is hence refusing them.
I am using the Oracle JDK and not sure which certs are being used?
on #2 can you please tell me how we make it compatible ?
There are flags you can use to say "don't use these protocols" which would fix it.
But I would not chase that unless you know it is the problem. What is the "ssl exception" you get and where does it happen?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.