I would like to give users (Other Departments) the ability to email their requests to a centralized email account (helpdesk@abc.com). When the email is receiced in Jira Service Desk a ticket is assigned to a specific technician depending on the request type. Is this even possible, or should I select another product? Thanks in advance.
I wonder if this can be used as a workaround for the service desk license policy, in which each person that creates tickets counts as a "JIRA user" (if I understood correctly)!?
I think it's possible. If you configure proper email handler as described here
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email#CreatingIssuesandCommentsfromEmail-Configuringissueorcommentcreationfromemail
And then the assignee can be properly set in a postfunction in the "CREATE" workflow transition based on the request type (I don't know where is this request type contained though).
Also you may look here for an answer - https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Integrate+JEMH+with+JIRA+Service+Desk
I think it probably can as with this approach all issues can be reported by one and the same user. Unless there is some restriction in Service Desk that I've missed this should work.
Boris,
I appreciate the response!
Thanks
I would actually prefer that the users not have to log in. Not because I'm not willing to pay for the license. I'm trying to avoid the use of another system the users would have to log into again. They already have enough applications to deal with.
But I see your point.
Thanks Tim
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.