I'd like to be a watcher on a bunch of issues that I specify using a JQL query. If anything new satisfies that query, I want to automatically be a watcher on this.
Right now, the closest I can get is to do a bulk operation on the filter and add myself as a watcher, but if I want to catch new issues that satisfy that query, I need to do this repeatedly.
I'm not that familiar with jira, so I'm sure there must be an easier way!
I also want to be able to add other people to that list of watchers.
I saw this (JIRA autowatch), but everyone reviewing it says it doesn't work/isn't supported, and I don't think our organization uses cloud:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.addon.connect.jiraautowatch/cloud/overview
Subscribing to the filter is not helpful, as it just sends me a big list of all the issues and not the changes that have happened, as they happen.
I'm not concerned about too many emails, what I want to watch is manageable.
Thank you in advance.