How can I configure a custom field to hh:mm?
Where 00 =< hh =< 24 and 00=< mm =< 60
Or is there an AddOn?
Are you looking to create a custom field that only has time? If you don't mind the date, Jira's own built in custom field called date/time can be used to at least store a time value. From there the display of that data in terms of 12-hour vs. 24-hour time formats could be achieved by following the steps in this KB: How to JIRA change the time format to 24 hours
But please understand that this kind of change is system wide to Jira, not just this one time field.
Maybe this helps, but if not, please let me know more. Perhaps I can dig a bit deeper to see if there is a plugin to Jira to create the kind of time field you want independent of the system settings that display time formats.
Hi Andrew,
I don't want modifiy the System Settings. They are working with date and time.
I need just a custom field without a date but with time.
Are you using Jira Cloud or Jira Server?
I found an existing feature request for Cloud over in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-15988 While this has not gotten a large number of users yet wanting this, another user has commented that there are using a plugin called Abacus currently to transform a text field in Jira Cloud.
I'm not sure if this might be a solution for you as well. If you were on Jira server, then you could probably do something similar with the Jira Misc Custom Fields plugin. Both plugins appear to be able to create calculated custom fields based on other existing fields.
Maybe this is helpful, and maybe it is not. I could also see scenarios where these solutions might not yet meet your needs. I did find there is an old feature request for the ability to create a time-only custom field from 2010 in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-19739
Unfortunately, this was closed as 'won't do'. The recommending in that post was to reach out to an Atlassian Solution Partner for this kind of request. Sorry this is probably not the answer you were hoping for, but so far I have not found another way to create a time only custom field. I suspect this is possible to do via a custom plugin to Jira, but from what I have found no vendor has yet posted a plugin that does exactly this.
Hello Andrew,
in our special Scenario I solved it with Select List and Cascading List.
We did not need every single Minute, so the List will be acceptable.
Thanks
Michael
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.