I want to display the unique issue ID so we can reference this when interacting with customers and also for use when composing reports. I can't seem to find and display the field. This should be the unique issue ID.
It's called "Key" in the list of fields on the navigator. It's usually there by default, and most built-in reports that list issues include the key automatically.
thanks! That's the one! I couldn't find reference to it anywhere and it wasn't displaying on any of my views, even in JIRA Service Desk.
Weird that the thing is called "Issue ID" everywhere except when you want to search using it, then it is called "Key"...
what doesn't help is that you can sort by 'id' but you can't use find a column marked 'id'. no where is this referenced, id should be id should be id..no exceptions. if you have to make a UI that translates id to key, that's a twenty minute investment into your product that will help.
Id and issue key are different things in Jira. Do not confuse them.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.